Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Wrecked....

My poor sister! Brette just got a car on Sunday. Mike bought it for her and brought it down from California. We were both excited because we've been sharing my car for almost 6 months now. With my new position and Brette's new job with us, we had to figure something out. She couldn't get a new car, because she had no credit. So...Mike found her a '96 Toyota Corolla with only 79,000 miles on it for almost nothing. It was in perfect condition. The interior looked brand new and it worked like new. He drove down here on Sunday, we had dinner and then she drove off into the wild blue yonder. Until...

Today, when a guy decided to hit her from behind going 40 mph while she was stopped at a stoplight. The impact crushed her back end, folded her hood, caused her to hit her head on the steering wheel and hit the guy in front of her. I feel so sorry for her! I remember what it felt like to get my first car. I also remember what it felt like to get in my first wreck. She didn't get a ticket but the guy that hit her got three. He didn't have a license or insurance and he got a ticket for hitting her.

I am so thankful that in all of that she wasn't seriously hurt. The guy said his brakes went out and that he had only gotten the car a couple of hours earlier. Sketchy? Sounds like it.

I'm not sure what will happen now. We simply can't function with only 1 car. If any of you have a car that is for sale or have a personal friend who's a car salesman/dealer please let me know. I'd definitely like to see if there's something we can work out.

Please pray for Brette and everyone involved, that they won't be in too much pain in the next days and weeks to come.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

YIKES!! Poor Brette...this must be so very frustrating! I hope something becomes available for her soon and that her body is hurting too much!