Monday, February 12, 2007

Hello from Texas Tech

I just arrived in Lubbock in order to prepare for the Tech Career Fair and On-Campus Interviews. When I left Dallas it was raining like crazy. It's nice and sunny here. The wind is blowing pretty hard, but that's to be expected. What's Lubbock without tumbleweeds blowing across the road?

I ended up spending two days in the ER last week. On Thursday night I woke up about 2:00 and couldn't go back to sleep. At 3:00 Brette woke me up saying she had a really bad pain in her back. I blamed it on overexertion and tried to go back to sleep. I then heard her sobbing in the living room so I knew it was serious. In the time it took me to get dressed to take her to the ER, she said the pain had relented. So...I told her I'd go to Walgreens or Wal-Mart to get her some medicine and heating pads. I drove all over the west side of Fort Worth and NOTHING was open at 3:00 in the morning - not Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Tom Thumb, Albertson's, CVS or Target. I was heading back to the apartment when she called to tell me the pain was back. After that we loaded up in the car and headed back to Baylor Medical Center. She was obviously in a lot of pain and they determined after a CT scan that she had kidney stones. If you've never had kidney stones, you cannot imagine the pain that they cause. I had them in college and hope to never have them again. We ended up being in the ER from 4:00 to 7:00 in the morning. My mom came up and took care of Brette while I went to work. I probably would have taken the day off due to my lack of sleep, but I had a HUGE meeting that day.

Brette's okay now, it was just a rough week for the both of us. First the wreck and then the kidney stones. What are the chances?

1 comment:

jennifer said...

POOR BRETTE!! She has had it rough the last few weeks! Have fun in Lubbock!