Sunday, December 02, 2007

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

I arrived in Milwaukee today to find 4 inches of snow on the ground. Snow is also in the forecast for the rest of the week! It looks like a winter wonderland!

I decided to fly American Airlines (actually American Eagle) this time because Midwest was leaving too early in the morning. I'm pretty sure that that will be the last time I make that decision. I did without the comfy leather seats and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies for a tiny plane with a door that didn't work properly. That's right...we got on the plane only to find out they were unable to close the door. After having maintenance come out and unsuccessfully 'fix' the door, they had us deplane. We were told we were taking a new plane, only to find out 30 minutes later that they had fixed the old one. I was a little leery of getting back on the same plane, but thankfully the door closed and we made it safely here. While we were waiting to board again we heard an announcement that the plane going to Killeen didn't have a working lavatory. WHAT? I know the flight was probably the shortest flight known to man, but still...who flies a plane with a lavatory that isn't working? American Eagle apparently.

My mom is feeling much better and nothing appears to be seriously wrong. They think she has a hiatal hernia which can be regulated with medication. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers!!

3 comments:

Emily Cade said...

I've flown American Eagle before. Yikes! It was like a death ride, so shakey, and they had to make us seat evenly on the plane so that the weight was evenly distributed, I guess so that it wouldn't tilt to one side? I remember being so glad when we were on the ground.

JKMeeks said...

I need your address to mail you something! Jeremy laughed when I told him that you were from Blog world. But I explained later that we did go to ACU together...just email me at kmeeks@christianhomes.com

Amber Rader said...

I'm glad your mom is feeling better, and I hope you have an uneventful trip home. Enjoy the snow!