Thursday, November 29, 2007

Update

I'm not sure that I ever updated about my mom's surgery. The doctor was able to remove all of the cancer and as far as we know, it hasn't spread elsewhere. Though that is AMAZING news, I am requesting more prayers for her. Last week she started having some chest pain. When it persisted for 5 days, she decided it was time to go to the doctor. He told her she had esophagitis, which is an inflammation of the esophagus but can also be an indication of heart disease. With medicine, the pain has subsided, but yesterday she had her first migraine. After taking medicine for the migraine, the pain was still there this morning. Her primary care doctor told her to go to the ER to have a complete diagnostic done today. Hopefully we'll have some answers soon. This is all pretty scary, since heart disease runs in our family.

My sister also found out today that she fractured her foot a couple of weeks ago. She stubbed her foot on her iron bed in the middle of the night. She finally decided to go see a doctor and has to wear a boot for 3 to 6 weeks.

Never a dull moment around here...Wait! Didn't I just post about not having anything to post about? Maybe I should take that back.

2 comments:

JKMeeks said...

I am so so sorry to hear that your mom had cancer. I will keep her on my prayer list, as well as strength for you too!

jennifer said...

I need to call you...how is your mom??