Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Here they are...



Sorry for the extreme close-up, but I wasn't able to take a decent self-portrait. I finally got my braces put on on Monday. I will go back in January/February to add the bottom ones. Luckily I was warned by everyone that my mouth would hurt for days, so I have religiously been alternating Tylenol and Advil every 2 hours. I also ate soup on Monday night and for breakfast and lunch on Tuesday. The one thing I wasn't warned of, is that I have to relearn how to chew my food politely. I find myself smacking or eating with my mouth open because I can't get it quite right. It's humorous and gross at the same time! I feel like a little kid who has to be reminded to close my mouth and not to smack.

I surprised Donny and showed up for his first basketball game of the season last night. They won by 40 or so. It looks like this is going to be a great season for them!

Other than that, things are pretty steady around here - work, (work at Macy's or go to Donny's basketball games), sleep.

Have a great week!!

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Gotta admit...I am not jealous of you at all! I hated my braces days, but am grateful for them now! Why did you have to get them? Your teeth look great to me!

Carissa said...

Thanks! I had to get them for the following reasons:

1) My midline has shifted/is shifting, therefore my top teeth have begun to gap and my bottom teeth have started crowding.
2) My upper teeth don't extend over my lower teeth, therefore I bite incorrectly.
2) Because of #2, I am slowly grinding down my teeth.