Thursday, February 07, 2008

Sol - A Needle Pulling Thread

For the last two years, Donny and I have gone to a Super Bowl party at Pam and Rebel's. We've gotten into the habit of ordering a pie from a local restaurant and taking that as our contribution. These pies are wonderful and homemade and are known all over the country. On Sunday, two people had already eaten a piece of the pie, when a third person saw something peculiar in the middle. Here's where the title of this post comes in...a needle and thread were IN the middle of the pie. We promptly contacted the restaurant and they apologized profusely. They also mailed me a check for the pie and gave me a certificate for a free pie of my choice. I am not going to name the restaurant as I KNOW it was a complete mistake. How a needle and thread ended up in there, I'm not sure. What I am sure of, is that I will still purchase pies from there in the future. Next time I'll just make sure to cut the whole thing before serving it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's crazy. A needle and thread? At least the restaurant handled it the right way...and at least someone saw it instead of finding it after they bit into their slice of pie!