Friday, January 18, 2008

Macy's
As most of you are aware, I have been working at Macy's since August. I began the Dave Ramsey program and decided that I would get a 2nd job to help speed up the process of getting out of debt.

5 months later, I have been able to pay off 4 significant debts, but have had NO time to myself. I've worked 15 hour days, missed many of Donny's basketball games, and have neglected to keep my apartment as clean as I'd like. A lot of changes have also taken place at my full-time job. In October, our career-change recruiter left unexpectedly. As a result, I took over her duties. Fortunately, because of my willingness to do so, I have been adequately compensated, therefore allowing me to quit my job at Macy's. I put in my two weeks notice last night.

I am excited that I will once again experience what it's like to go home and do nothing. I'm more excited that I will get to see Donny on a regular basis. Until now, we've had to work our schedule around Macy's. Bless his heart, he's been so understanding throughout these last 5 months. I am so thankful to have him in my life!

2 comments:

LoriLoo310 said...

You put in five months of super hard work and it has all paid off. I know it's hard to neglect some of the things and people you love, but now that it's over I'm so happy for you! You'll be so thankful you sacrificed for that short amount of time for the debts you've been able to pay off. Way to go!!

jennifer said...

I'm with Lori...you are in such better shape financially now!! You are a hard worker...not sure if I could have done it!