Monday, September 03, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom!

August 31st, 1952, my mom was born. This particular birthday was monumental because she now gets the Senior Citizen's Discount (don't worry...we've been joking about this all weekend). I surprised her at school with the shoes that you see below. She's a fourth grade teacher and their mascot is the zebra. I knew she (as well as the kids) would love them!
Here are a few memories that I have with my mom:
  • Going shopping on Saturdays when I was younger. We would look for the best deals that we could find. I'm pretty sure that's why everything I buy is on sale.
  • Going to get allergy shots each week in Fort Worth. We would buy one bag of chips and see how long we could make it last. My mom would make it into a game to see how many bites we could get out of one chip.
  • Going to her classroom each year to help her prepare for the new students.
  • Getting grounded from my bike and brand new Nintendo because I rode said bike across a major highway in 1st grade.
  • Helping me write a speech in Kindergarten for the Elementary Presidential Race.
  • Attending all of my athletic events from 2nd grade - high school.
  • Driving me to and from practices without complaint.
  • Talking to her at least once a day for as long as I can remember.
  • Going to the Nutcracker each Christmas in High School.
  • Laughing so hard that we cry at times.
Happy Belated Birthday Mom!! I love you!

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Cute zebra shoes!! I can totally see your mom wearing them!

Melanie said...

Your parents' birthdays are two days apart I notice! My parents' birthdays are Aug 22 and Aug 24! Strange!!