Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Do You Remember When...


I said these shoes were the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned? Well...I lied! They are not comfortable at Career Fairs, at work at Macy's, or anywhere else for more than a few hours at a time. I think my first mistake was wearing them at Macy's for 6 hours the first day that I worked. As a result, I felt like the balls of my feet became bruised. That was 5 weeks ago. Since then, no matter what type of shoe that I wear, my feet KILL me. I bought some Skechers to wear to Macy's with slacks, but would love to find a comfortable heel for career fairs.

I guess I should explain why even though I have a great job, I still feel the need to work at Macy's. I recently came across Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover Plan and have implemented the Debt Snowball. If you've read his books, you know that he stresses getting a second job until your debt is eliminated. So...that's what I did. I've been able to pay off 2 small credit cards I've had since college, a medical bill, and an old cell phone bill, all within the last 3 months. I don't necessarily agree with everything he says, especially about Cash Value Life Insurance, but I do know that the Debt Snowball works. I also get a discount on suits, shoes, and anything else I might need. What a deal! The only drawback thus far (and it's a big one) is that I haven't seen Donny since I started working.

By the way, if you're looking for part-time or seasonal work in the Fort Worth area, we're starting to hire. Make sure you tell them I referred you if you do apply!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Hey Carissa,
When I was on my quest for black dress shoes, I found some Steve Madden's that I LOVE and get TONS of compliments on. They are a fairly low heel (2 1/4" I think) and are great shoes. I walk around the hospital in them and don't have much discomfort. You can find them at http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/16735786/c/399.html. I got mine at Macy's for a great sale price. They are about half size big. Also, I have purchased the little gel pads that go in your shoe at the ball of your foot that tend to help cushion a little for other shoes. Good luck! Nothing is worse than sore feet if you have to work standing or walking all day.