Friday, October 27, 2006

Yay for Fall Weather!!

Fall weather has officially arrived in Texas. The air is cool, the wind is furiously blowing and all is well.

Today the wind is blowing so hard, it almost knocked me off of my high heels. It's very similar to the biting wind that always seemed to blow in Abilene. I remember walking in between McKinzie Hall and the Music (now Education) Building and feeling like I was in a wind tunnel.

The only drawback to the wind is the fact that I live in an apartment complex that has an abundance of oak trees. As a result, I am awakened many nights to the sound of acorns hitting the metal roofs of the carports. I also tend to step on every acorn on the ground between the apartment and my car. In tennis shoes, it's not a problem; but in dress shoes, it feels similar to stepping on a rock with my bare feet. Stupid Acorns!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should exprience a east coast fall! It is beautiful up here!

LoriLoo310 said...

One thing I do not miss about Texas is the wind. I can't stand wind (for no particular reason), and Texas and Oklahoma had way too much of it for my taste. Other than that, I'd take a Texas Fall any day over a snowy Utah one.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't have any trick or treaters. I guess you and your sister will have to eat all of the candy!

Anonymous said...

UPDATE! UPDATE!