Tuesday, October 17, 2006

5K Here I Come

Well, I've finally convinced myself to run a 5K. For those of you who know me, running is NOT my forte. I love playing sports, hiking, and being outside; but to run just to run...NO WAY!

Until now!

I've really been trying to get in shape over the last couple of weeks. I've started eating healthier foods and smaller portions. I've also excercised here and there, but never run.

I've seen the benefits of running. A girl I went to high school with started running and now has the body of a bodybuilder (with the help of weights as well). So...I've decided that running a 5K will give me a reason to train and run everyday.

Donny has agreed to run it with me. Now my only decision is whether we should run one next month or wait until February for the Cowtown 5K. I'm thinking we should probably run the one next month so that the goal is in immediate sight. What do you think?

1 comment:

jennifer said...

WOW!! Good luck to you and Donny! I wish I had that kind of desire...it wouldn't hurt me to go and exercise! You could run the race next month to get a feel for it and then really be ready for the Cowtown!