Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Hook 'Em Horns

A couple of weekends ago, Donny and I attended a UT tailgate party and football game. The whole experience was new to me. The only collegiate football games I had previously attended were those of TCU and ACU. While they were a lot of fun, nothing compared to my experience at UT.

After a quick stop at the Round Rock outlet mall, we arrived in Austin and the tailgating began. My "adopted" parents and their friends definitely know how to tailgate! Not only do they have a full meal, they also bring along their T.V., portable satellite dish, microwave, and blender. We had a blast!

To top it all off, one of my sister's friends, and a former member of our youth group, was able to get Donny and me free tickets to the game. The seats were in the freshmen section, but who's going to complain about free tickets?

Needless to say, Donny and I had a GREAT time at the game and can't wait to attend another one. Here are some pictures!


Tailgating at it's finest (notice the T.V. on the lefthand side of the picture).

Triplets

Beloved Bevo (with the Capitol building in the background)

The Band

The Band (again)


The view from our seats

No comments: