Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Fire Drill

Today, our building conducted a fire drill in which all eight floors had to evacuate using 1 stairway.

I couldn't help but remember the victims of 9/11 as I calmly made my way down 1 flight of stairs and headed outside. What was it like in the towers that day? What thoughts were going through people's minds as they made their way down 70 flights of stairs?

How would I have reacted in that situation? Would I have been calm? Would I have waited to help those that were left behind or unable to make it down the stairs on their own? Would I have instead raced down the stairs to get to my friends and family?

I am filled with sorrow for the families and friends of the victims of 9/11. I have weeped for their situation, but will hopefully never know what it's like to lose someone to a senseless act of terrorism.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Thanks for visiting our blog! It is fun to connect with people from ACU.