Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Surgery, Allergies, and Camp, Oh my!!

Well, after years of informing doctors I have Chronic Sinusitis, I had a CT scan done of my sinus cavities. It showed that I either have a cyst or polyps in my left sinus cavity.

I had sinus surgery about 12 years ago to no avail. Tomorrow I'm going in for Endoscopic Sinus surgery. I am actually excited about it, because I hope it will help me to stay well for longer periods of time. I also had an allergy test done Monday in which I found out I was allergic to: cats, dogs, dead cockroaches (seriously), all ten types of mold, and several different kinds of trees, including mesquite and pecan. I'm hoping to get on allergy shots before I leave for camp this summer.
___________________________________________
On that note, I only have 3 days of school left. While this is a very exciting time for me, it's also a little bittersweet. I am leaving the job I've known for 2 years, one which I thought I would love. I do LOVE the children and the bond I now have with them. I do LOVE the fact that I met Donny in a town of only 700 people in the middle of nowhere. However, there were times where I wondered if it was worth it. Those of you who have been teachers will know what I mean. I will always treasure the memories of the last two years.
____________________________________________
I am leaving next Friday for Nashville. My little sister is graduating from High School on Saturday. It seems like it was just yesterday that we were sharing a room. While I was living at home, we fought all the time. It wasn't until I went to college, and then when she moved to Nashville this year that we really became close.

Brette, I am SO proud of you! You are a beautiful and amazing woman. Congratulations on your graduation!! I love you!!

2 comments:

LoriLoo310 said...

Awwww, so sweet!

Did you have to do the back scratch test to find out about all those allergies? I had to do one of those, and it's no fun at all. I wasn't allergic to anything except dust, which is fitting for me ... an OCD clean-freak.

Carissa said...

Haha! I've gotten OC about cleaning these days too. Unfortunately I didn't get the back scratch test. They gave me 50 shots between both of my arms. I've got to go back Wednesday for more and to get the splints out of my nose. Whoo hoo!!