Friday, May 19, 2006

All's Well that ends Well!!

I'm pleased to report that my surgery went very well and none of the horrible side effects that were possible actually happened. I know they have to inform you of all the possible side effects, but do I really need to know that as a result of my surgery my brain fluid could leak or I could die? Um, no thanks, I'd rather be surprised. Haha!

I received a phone call Wednesday night informing me my surgery was going to be moved from the Day Surgery Center to the ER operating room due to technical difficulties. Those of you who have ever been to an emergency room know that there's usually never a dull moment in the waiting room. As Pam and I arrived in the emergency room, we took a seat across from a man and his 2 1/2 year old daughter. The man promptly went to sleep. I'm not talking about a little snooze, I'm talking about an all out snoring and drooling on your arm type of snooze. The little girl would watch him until he went to sleep then get up and run around the emergency room. She wasn't bothering anyone and obviously knew she was not to disturb her dad. As she got braver, she got closer and closer to the automatic door. We were afraid she might get hurt, worse yet someone might take her. The hospital clerk finally gave her a coloring book and I proceeded to color with her. A couple of minutes later a nurse came and took her back to her mom. I couldn't help but think that she could have easily been taken and the dad would not have known for at least an hour.

As I began to ponder that fact, I noticed that they were almost an hour late taking me back to the Operating Room. I feel like God knew that she needed someone to care for her and knew that we would take good care of her until someone could intervene. God is good isn't he?

3 comments:

LoriLoo310 said...

Glad your surgery went well. I hope it helps with your allergies! And I totally agree, I think it's a bit unecessary that they tell you that there's a chance you could die right before the surgery. What a vote of confidence!!

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

I'm so glad everything went well! I hope this relieves your symptoms and you don't have to put up with that any more!

Anonymous said...

Update please!!