Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Some Reflection and Good News!

Tuesday of last week I ended up in the ER per my doctor's orders.  I'll spare you the details, but it was traumatic at the time.  As I was waiting to be seen, I told Donny I wasn't sure I wanted kids.  My body was out of control.  My hormones were out of control and that night I was an emotional wreck.  I ended up being on bed rest almost all of Spring Break.  That being said, I couldn't help but think about the fact that God's timing is perfect and He has blessed us through all of this.

A couple of things stood out to me over the last two weeks.  We were on Spring Break (perfect time for bed rest). We were supposed to go out of town on Wednesday (this all happened on Tuesday). While I was doubting whether or not I wanted children a week ago, I woke up this morning feeling refreshed and renewed.  Numerous friends and family contacted us and shared their stories of loss and of hope.  He knows what He's doing.

As for the good news...I had a post-op appointment today and the doctor said everything is back to normal and we can start trying to conceive again.  God is so good!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sorry it's been rough for you lately, Carissa. I am so glad that you received good news from your doctor...praise God for that!