Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Anyone Out There?

Well...it looks like I went on a 6 month hiatus from my blog.  I have to admit, Facebook has made me a little lazy.  Sometimes it's just easier to share what's going on in a couple of sentences, rather than in a couple of paragraphs.  My goal is to post at least once a week starting today.  I feel as if that is reasonable.  We'll see how long that lasts though.

After seeing that several of my friends were giving Facebook up for Lent, I decided to do the same.  I had become addicted. I didn't post often, but I loved to keep up with everyone else's lives.  It's actually been a lot easier than I thought to give it up.  I do feel like I'm missing out on a lot of things, but it's forced me to communicate more through the phone and by text.

Donny and I have had a roller coaster of emotions over the last few months.  In January we found out we were pregnant for the first time.  We were ecstatic!  At first, we decided we weren't going to tell anyone besides our family and close friends.  That didn't last long.  We just couldn't help sharing the good news.  Unfortunately, however, we lost the baby at 11 weeks.  We were devastated at first, but we have hope because we know God has a bigger plan than our own.  We want nothing more than to be parents and will definitely try again.  In the meantime, we would appreciate your prayers for healing and for hope.
 
In the midst of all of that, Donny was still in the basketball playoffs.  They lost in the Regional Tournament to last year's State Champions, Flower Mound Marcus.  I missed a lot of his games this year because I was working at another job after school.  I am no longer working there, especially since we're trying to start a family.

Other than that, we have really gotten plugged in to McKinney Memorial Bible Church here in Fort Worth.  I am a sub for Preschool Sunday School and am hoping to start working with the children's program on Wednesday nights.  We are hoping to get even more involved as time goes on.

I'm not sure if anyone is even reading this anymore. If you are, please leave me a comment, even if I don't know you.

4 comments:

Amber Rader said...

So sorry to hear about your miscarriage. It's hard not knowing the "big picture" sometimes, but you know that God's in control. Love ya!!

Rachel said...

Carissa...glad to see you writing again! But I'm so sorry to hear about the miscarriage. Growing up, I had no idea how common they were because most people didn't talk about them. I'm glad you had the courage to post about it so that people can grieve with you and pray for you. And I am so thankful that you have hope. Praying for healing right now and for a successful pregnancy next time.

Kelli said...

I am still reading! Praying for healing for y'all. Don't give up hope, girl. Glad y'all are getting plugged in at church! Community with other believers is such a blessing.

Carissa said...

Thank you all! It's definitely been a journey and I have learned a lot over the last few months.