Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Recipes

Now that I'm not working as much as I was before, I have been experimenting with different recipes.  I found this one on Pinterest and it was a definite hit in our house.


Angel Chicken

4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds, thawed)
1 8-oz. pkg. fresh button mushrooms, quartered
1 6-oz. pkg. fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps sliced
1/4 cup butter
1 0.7-oz. pkg. Italian dry salad dressing mix
1 10-3/4-oz. can condensed golden mushroom soup
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 of an 8-oz. tub cream cheese spread with chives and onion
Hot cooked rice or angel hair pasta

Directions:
1. Melt butter in saucepan.
2. Add Italian dressing packet.
3. Stir in soup, wine and cream cheese until it combines and melts.
4. Cut up mushrooms.
5. Place mushrooms in the bottom of the Crock-Pot.
6. Top with chicken.
7. Pour sauce on top.
8. Cook on low for 5 hours.
9. Serve over angel hair pasta.

I altered the recipe a little bit.  Our grocery store didn't have shiitake mushrooms so I used two packages of button mushrooms instead.  I also didn't cut them up.

No comments: