Monday, September 21, 2009

Rocky
This weekend was spent eating, selling, eating, shopping, and more eating thanks to Antique Alley. On Thursday, my Aunt and I set up our estate sale. We sold the last of my grandma's things that had been in storage since February. The only problem is I ended up taking home a carload full of stuff. How could I let someone buy Mr. and Mrs. Claus that had been a part of every Christmas I'd ever had? Unfortunately the rain got the best of us on Thursday. It had rained Wednesday night and everything was soaked. It also rained on us most of the day. Although it was frustrating at times, it was nice not to have to put on makeup or do my hair! We ate dinner at R & K Cafe and I had a grilled cheese with bacon. Talk about a heart attack in a sandwich. But...it was delicious. On Friday, the rain held off and everything went well. On Saturday, my friends Diana and Shannon joined me to do some shopping and sampling of food. We ate barbecue sandwiches, homemade kettle corn, homemade fried pies, etc. We were in food heaven! While we were walking around, we saw a house that had Shih-Tzu puppies for sale. They also had a kitten pouncing around the yard. Donny's been wanting a playmate for Zoe and agreed I could get a kitten rather than getting a puppy. So...I asked the lady if she would be willing to sell the kitten. She actually said I could have it. It was a stray that she found wedged between the screen door and front door during all the rain. I bought a gerbil cage to put him in ( I couldn't find anything else) and away we went. His name was supposed to be Rowdy but I kept calling him Rocky. So...Rocky it is. I was nervous to introduce him to Zoe because she has never been around cats. Plus, she's 70 lbs. and he is barely 1 lb. Zoe got really excited and tried to jump in order to reach Rocky. He did not appreciate that gesture. He hissed and swung at her. Slowly but surely they warmed up to each other. They're still not best friends, but they're working on it. I've included some cute pictures of them 'playing.'

'Maybe if I hide here she can't see me!'

Rocky playing with his mouse


Zoe looks hungry.



No comments: