Thursday, December 18, 2008

Letter to Lefty (aka, my Isotoner glove)

Dear Lefty,
Last night, I decided to remove you and Righty so that I could easily punch in the numbers at the ATM. The one thing I forgot, however, was to put you back on. You and Righty were sitting on my lap when I decided to get out of the car, forgetting that you were there. As I walked in the apt. last night, I realized you both were missing. Part of me wanted to go back and look for you. The other part wanted to stay in the warmth of the apt. So...I forgot about you and Righty until I got in the car this afternoon. Guess what I found!! Righty...but no Lefty. In a panic, I mentioned to my friend that you were missing. What was I to do?? She quickly commented that you were probably lying on the ground, out in the cold, and had probably been run over several times. Because I could not bear the thought of abandoning you, I returned to the restaurant. As I rounded the corner, I held my breath and....there you were!!! I quickly picked you up off the ground and gently laid you on the floorboard. I promise to have you looking as good as new.
As a reminder, here's what you looked like when I picked you up...

I promise to never let it happen again.

Sincerely,
Your Owner

2 comments:

Natrudy said...

ha! This blog is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Its always good to have a lefty in the bullpen! It presents favorable matchups!