Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Birthday and Thanksgiving

I had a great birthday this year, complete with lots of time with family and friends. The weekend before my birthday I went to Donny's. He used to take me shopping for my birthday, but I love surprises and have tried to hint to him that I'd much rather be surprised with my gifts (please read...I gave him a long list of things I wanted/needed for him to choose from). So...I got to his house and my gifts were waiting on his table. He got me these CUTE shoes:

All I told him was I needed a new pair of black heels and he picked these out on his own. He also got me a new charm for my charm bracelet:
He said he chose the basketball and hoop since we were basketball coaches when we met. I thought that was really thoughtful!____________________________________________

On Thanksgiving, I worked at The Retreat. We had a Thanksgiving buffet that was fit for a king. 85 of our members and their guests attended. Here are some pictures of the buffet and the table settings (this is only a portion of the food):

3 comments:

gayle said...

I stayed at the The Cliffs resort at Possum Kingdom last November... I didn't know you worked at The Retreat!

WOW does that food look amazing!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

I have some spiders in the corner. Will you come and kill them for me?

jennifer said...

Looks like Donny did good...he only forgot a sparkly little something that fits on your finger!!