Saturday, March 01, 2008

Another Unknown - Who I'm voting for...

But I did go to the Obama rally in Fort Worth on Thursday. I don't know enough about the candidates to make an educated decision, but decided it would probably be a once in a lifetime event for me to attend. A coworker and I left work at 5 and were on the floor, 30 feet from the stage in 30 minutes. That's not to say it wasn't packed. There was already a LONG line by the time we got there, but they decided to open some additional doors so we didn't have to wait in line at all. We decided to go to the floor (standing room only) and stand for 2 1/2 hours before he took the stage. We met some interesting people and had a great time watching everyone interact. I must say, Obama is a great speaker. He makes some great points and is appealing to all kinds of people. e ended up leaving the rally at 9, after a girl in front of us fainted from the heat. All in all, it was a great experience, and one I'm probably unlikely to experience again. Here are some pictures. Look at how close we were!

Banner above the grandstand.

Amanda and I before the rally

Addressing the crowd

Waiting for the applause to end

"If you are ready for a change..."

No comments: