Monday, April 09, 2007

Update

Sorry again that it's been so long since I last posted. I kept thinking I would post when I had pictures to go with what I wrote, but as of today, I have 5 cameras waiting to be developed. So...here's a rundown of the last month.

-Around the first week of March, Brette a 2003 Hyundai Sonata. She loved the car because it was fully loaded with a sunroof. It probably wouldn't have been her first choice, but beggars can't be choosers, right!? Anyway, two weeks ago, while I was in Lubbock, I received a phone call saying the dealership had messed up the paperwork and the lender had backed out. They told me that Brette would need to bring the car in (on a Friday night) so that they could inventory it. They also told me that I could come in on Monday to finalize my part of the paperwork. At that point, I thought everything was taken care of.

That was until I got back to Dallas and received a call from Brette saying they wouldn't let her leave with the car. By that point I was furious! It was not her fault that they made a mistake, they had lied to me, and they wanted her to go without a car until I could come sign the paperwork. I told them they needed to give her a ride home and I would try to get there by 9:00 that night. This was after my plane was delayed and it took them 45 minutes to unload our luggage. I had also planned on being at Donny's by 8:00 because we had to leave early the next day for a wedding. I drove to Fort Worth in the POURING rain, ran some errands, and made it to the dealership by 8:30. As I was pulling in I decided to call the two managers I had been working with only to find out that they were both gone for the day. WHAT??? By the time I walked in the door and was SOAKED, I told them I wasn't signing anything and that they needed to give us everything out of the car and they could have it back. Of course, they couldn't find the keys, so we had to return the next day.

To make a VERY long story short, we were actually glad to give the car back because the 'check engine' light came on only two weeks after Brette had the car. Since then, she's gotten a Chevy Cobalt that she absolutely loves. As we speak, they are adding a sunroof and power windows and locks.

Bottom line: DON'T go to Toyota of Fort Worth, DO go to Hillard Used Cars and talk to Chris

-I'm finally done traveling for a little while. I love traveling, but it's nice to be in my own bed for more than 2 days a week. On a side note, I left some of my clothes at the Marriott in Waco and they mailed them to me free of charge! Who would have guessed?

-Donny and I went to a wedding a couple of weeks ago for two of his friends. The wedding was at the groom's parents' lake house. It was beautiful! I got to meet a lot of his friends that he went to high school with and their parents.

-My 87 year old grandmother fell at the fitness center last week and broke her hand and one of her ribs. She's about as good as can be expected, but I think it kind of shook her up. Luckily she's in really good shape for an 87 year old and nothing else major happened. She even drove herself home right afterwards. I guess that's where I get my stubbornness from!

-The greatest thing that has happened recently, was that I got LASIK done on my eyes. One of my New Year's Resolutions was to get LASIK done by the end of the year. I went in for a consultation last Monday and by the time I left, I had scheduled my surgery for Friday morning. My mom and I stayed in a hotel on Thursday because I had to be there at 4:30 in the morning. I went to a follow-up appointment on Saturday and the doctor said I was already seeing 20/20. I can't believe it! It's so weird to get out of bed and be able to see everything. The only drawback is that I have to wear cute goggles every time I go outside for a week. Donny and my dad say that I look like Curt Rambus (apparently an NBA player that used to wear goggle-like glasses on the court). I am also not allowed to wear makeup for a week. I can do without it if it means I can see without contacts or glasses!

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Yeah! An update! Sounds like life has been busy and exciting for you...as usual. Brette keeps you busy!! I hope to talk to you soon!

Melanie said...

So how is the Lasik procedure? I've been contemplating it but it scares me to have to see what they're doing! And no make up for a whole week?? :) By the way, thanks for the prayers, it's good to see you're doing well.