Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Well, Spring Break is officially over. Though I wasn't exactly excited about going back to work, I couldn't wait to see my students. I worked all week unpacking, then packing my house. Let me explain...When I moved from Abilene, I packed the boxes based on whether or not I needed the contents immediately. Three years later, those boxes still sat in my storage room. I'm going to be moving in the next month and decided that I needed to go through them. I found many things I wanted to keep, but threw away a lot more than I kept. Once I was finishing going through the boxes I repacked them and put them back in the storage room.
------------------------------------------------
The picture above is not a random cheerleader. That is Mitch, one of WWE's newest superstars. Donny's surprise date was to take me to watch WWE Wrestling in Waco. Last year we went to a live event in Corpus Christi and were on the 13th row where the wrestlers entered the ring. I got to high-five Shawn Michaels, Val Venis, and Victoria. This year we were on the sixth row. It was awesome!

After the event was over we decided to get some gas and food. When I came out of the restroom at the gas station MITCH was standing there. I ran out and told Donny that he was one of the Spirit Squad guys. He wasn't fully convinced so he got out of the car and asked him. Sure enough, that was who he was.

I never thought I'd enjoy watching wrestling. Now I look forward to the live events. We've decided that we're going to make an annual trip to a wrestling event from now on. Who would have ever known that I would agree to that?

No comments: