Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Hi, My name is Carissa...

and I hate drinking water. Really...any liquids for that matter. As a result, I need some accountability. My skin is incredibly dry and it's amazing I'm not dehydrated to the point of needing to go to the hospital. Before today, I couldn't tell you the last time I drank water. It has probably been months and that's not an exaggeration.
So...I'm going to set a goal of drinking at least 4, 20 oz bottles of water a day for a month. The one pictured below is in my office and I am planning on washing and refilling it each day. I'm going to report my results as often as possible. Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

Natrudy said...

You go girl! Although if I were you, I wouldn't use the same plastic bottle for the whole month. There have been studies done on how much bacteria is created that way.

gayle said...

Natrudy is right--invest in a water bottle. :)

Great goal! I have never had trouble drinking water (or other liquids for that matter). I drink anywhere between 108-144 ounces of water per day. I always have to have something to drink, it's a nervous tick. I am also incapable of drinking things slowly, so I have to be careful when drinking "fun" drinks!

The minimum you should drink is half of your body weight in ounces. I am drinking enough for 2 1/2 of me! :D

Carissa said...

Thanks Nat...I didn't think about the whole water bottle for a month thing. That is pretty gross. And Gayle...that's awesome that you drink so much water. I'm envious! I want to grow up to be like you ;)

Emily Cade said...

Hey! I know how you feel, I used to hate water as well. I've since learned to love it, but here's a trick that may help: cut up two to three different fruits (cantalope/strawberry/blackberry, cucumber/lime, lime/orange, pineapple/cherry/blackberry, etc.) and put it in a pitcher. Fill the pitcher with water and refridgerate. Let sit for a few hours and leave up to four days. The fruit will flavor the water. It's very refreshing and spa like, and you get great tasting water without the suger. The taste will become more intense the longer the fruit sits in there.