Monday, April 28, 2008

Ferrari


About a month ago, an Internet provider parked a Ferrari in our downstairs lobby. They convinced me to get in and have my picture taken. Those drivers must have some tiny rear-ends, because mine barely fit in the seat. I think that's what inspired me to start working out again. I've been walking at least 3 miles a day. Last week I 'played' tennis for the first time since junior high. Because I'm a baseball coach's daughter, I was always taught to hit the ball up (hence aiming for a homerun). When playing tennis of course, the object is to hit the ball down. With me, those two things don't mix very well. I used to play tennis with a neighbor of mine, until I got tired of having to retrieve the balls outside of the fence. Yes...I hit them outside of the fence. Consistently. All the time.

I was proud of myself last week because I only hit 2 balls over the fence in an hour. That's not to say that the rest the time the ball went where I wanted it to, but I had at least a little bit of control. I'm going to play again today. Hopefully things will go as well as they did last week. We'll see!

No comments: