Friday, October 05, 2007

Recruiting

In the last month I have attended 8 career fairs, ranging from Wichita Falls, to Denton, to Nacogdoches. I have also conducted over 100 interviews and been a part of several round table discussions on campus. I love my job!! That being said, as of Wednesday, I am the only recruiter. The thing is, I'm okay with that. I work well under pressure. I also like to do things myself and know they get done right, rather than relying on someone else. I'm not sure what the next month will bring, but I know that I will be taken care of.

On another note, my mom found out she has basal cell carcinoma. Luckily this is the most common form of cancer and is usually fairly easy to treat. They are going to perform surgery in a couple of weeks to remove the tumor. Please pray that the tumor has not affected her bones or cartilage.

I'll leave you with a picture of a van I saw in Henderson, Texas. Would you buy fish from this man?

3 comments:

LoriLoo310 said...

So happy that you love your job! I'm so sorry about your mom. I will keep her in my prayers. I'll be looking for updates after the surgery.

jennifer said...

Carissa I had no idea about your mom. She is in our prayers! Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. My mom had the same kind of skin cancer and was able to treat it effectively. I will keep both of you in my prayers that the surgery will go well and that it has not spread at all.