Monday, August 20, 2007

Atlanta Part 1

Tonight is my last night in Georgia. I've been here since last Tuesday with my Grandma. My grandma, Kim's parents, and I toured the city while my dad and step mom have been at school. My dad is a teacher/coach. His kids have been in school for almost 3 weeks now and they still get out on the 25th of May. Yuck! My step mom is a bookkeeper for a middle school a few miles down the road.

Their house was built in 1890 but was just remodeled a couple of years ago. It's beautiful! I'll include some pictures on my next post. They have lake access and live only 1/2 a mile away from a beach on the lake.

Here are some pictures from Sunday. My dad and I went to the Georgia Aquarium, to The Varsity, and then to the Braves game. We had a blast!! It's been years (probably 10 or 11) since my dad and I have been to a baseball game.

The largest tank in the Aquarium that houses 4 whale sharks. The tank is as long as a football field and the aquarium is the only one outside of Asia to have whale sharks.

Greasy (but excellent) onion rings and Georgia Sweet Tea at the Varsity

The tower that held the Olympic Flame during the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta

Dad in front of Turner Field and the picture of Hank Aaron's record-breaking home run ball


Me in front of the Hank Aaron statue


Dad and I behind home plate at Turner Field - The Braves won 6-2 thanks to Texeira's two, two-run homers.

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Looks like fun! Glad you got to spend some time with your dad!

Emily Cade said...

Hey!
I'm glad you got to see it! It was so much fun to do!!!