Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Christmas has Come and Gone

I can't believe Christmas is already over. It seems like yesterday I was shopping for last minute gifts and stocking stuffers. I love Christmas and all of our family traditions. This year, new traditions were added as we spent Christmas with Donny's brother and sister-in-law and their family. I am looking forward to continuing old traditions and adding some of my own in the future.

On Dec. 30th, my cousin Jennifer got married. The reception site was about 5 miles away from the church. Unfortunately, we were not given permission to decorate the reception hall until 6:00, with the wedding beginning at 7:00. On the way to the reception site, we all became lost and didn't arrive until 6:15. We decorated for 30 minutes, then had to leave to make sure we arrived at the wedding on time. We also got lost on the way back and had to make a big circle around town to find the church. We finally arrived at exactly 7:00 for a beautiful ceremony. The reception was beautiful as well! Jennifer and Brian had a great DJ and everyone danced the night away. There are some cute pictures of Donny and my grandma dancing on the photographer's website. It is located at www.julieannphotography.com under current clients/Jennifer and Brian's wedding.

On New Year's Eve, Donny and I opted for a night at Woody's Tavern here in Fort Worth. I had never been there, but Donny assured me it would be a fun place to spend our evening. We got a seat at the bar (after having to spend $20 to get in) and asked if we could play trivia. They gave us the keypads and I beat Donny 6 games to 1. He may be able to beat me everytime we go bowling, but I've got him beat when it comes to trivia.

This past Friday, Donny's basketball team (undefeated) played their toughest district opponent (also undefeated). There was never more than a 7 point lead for either team and fortunately, Donny's team won by 3 at the buzzer. It was incredible! I love watching him coach and the feeling of confidence in his ability to call the right plays at the right times.

They are now 1st in District and will be going to the playoffs! Congratulations!!

1 comment:

jennifer said...

Hey the appointment was good! We heard a little baby heartbeat! How was your trip? And how are you checking this on a Sunday? I didn't think you had a computer at home. Oh yeah...and you need to update!