Sunday, September 11, 2011

Friday

Friday was a rough day for me.  I was worn down, my students weren't performing to the levels that I know they are capable of, and it seemed like everyone at Lowe's had a problem or complaint that night.  When I left the store at 10:30, knowing that I had to be back on Saturday at 9, I sat in my car for a minute to simply take a breath.  I felt as if I had been going non-stop for weeks.  I had an e-mail notification and decided to check it before I headed home.  Much to my surprise, I had my first student e-mail that was not regarding a homework assignment.  See below:

Subject:  :)  Hi Mrs. Ott

Hi Mrs. Ott :) It's me _____ from your ____ and ____ block :)
I just wanted to say that you're a very good math teacher :)
I've learned a lot lately and it's a bit hard but I think I got it.
Thank you for everything :)

Sincerely,
_________ _________ :)

I'll admit it; it brought tears to my eyes and still does. It is nice to know that my hard work is paying off; that I'm making a difference in someone's life.  Little did that student know, but they were also making a difference in my life...just like the 101 other students I see each day.  I am richly blessed! 

Friday wasn't so rough after all...

No comments: