Friday, June 12, 2009

Update
During Memorial Day weekend I went to visit my first college roommate, Carrie (Peter) Watts. Her parents only live an hour away from Donny, so I spent all day on Saturday with Carrie and her family. Her dad is a farmer who grows sweet corn. Every Memorial Day Weekend, her family sells the corn at Prasek's. It was great to see Carrie's family, many of whom I had not seen since her wedding, 6 years ago. The best part was getting to meet Carrie and Clint's new daughter, M. M's story is an amazing one. One day at church, a lady approached them and said her niece wanted to give up her 5 month old for adoption. She asked if they would be interested in adopting M. 24 hours later, Clint and Carrie were parents!

Here's the precious little girl!

--------------
Also...I am VERY excited to announce that Donny got a coaching job at North Crowley High School. He is moving to Fort Worth around August 1st and is looking for a place to rent. If you know of anyone in the South Fort Worth/North Crowley area that has a place to rent (that is reasonably affordable for one person - $850 or less), please let me know. I can't wait to FINALLY be in the same town after 3 years of a long-distance relationship.

--------------
My dad also accepted a new coaching position and will be the Head Baseball Coach of the East Hickman Eagles in Lyles, Tennessee.

1 comment:

Kellye said...

How would he feel about renting a room in a house? $600 a month and I'm never there! South Grand Prairie by Joe Pool Lake...