Wednesday, July 19, 2006


One of my campers and me.

Donny and me at his All-Star game.

Camp's Almost Over!

I thought I'd bring the laptop out and make use of the wireless internet. Isn't it amazing what technology is capable of?

We only have three days left of camp. It's bittersweet for me because I know I will not be able to work for Grace Presbytery now that I am going to have a job in the business world. It has been an amazing summer. I am so glad I decied to return for one last summer. I've gotten to reconnect to old friends and form new friendships as well.

A lot has happened over the summer! Donny coached an All-Star game in Lubbock this past weekend. I had so much fun watching him coach the kids to victory. He loves every minute of his job. What I appreciate the most is knowing the love that he has for those kids even in such a short period of time. Does he always want to win? Sure. But above all else he wants the kids to succeed in their everyday lives.

I am going to look at an apartment near the Hulen Mall in Fort Worth on Monday. I can't wait. My sister (18) will be moving in with me. It's going to be so much fun getting to know her as an adult instead of a "little sister."

I hope you have all had great summers (even those of you in the business world that don't have "summers"). I can't wait to catch up with everyone!

2 comments:

LoriLoo310 said...

Glad to see you're having a good summer! You'll have to tell us some fun camp stories :)

Tami said...

so.... moving to fort worth...what about Donny?? just curious... i'm glad that you had fun at camp!! :)